We are accepting applications Monday through Wednesday from 8 a.m.–12 p.m. in Human Resources. Applications may also be picked up at the guardhouse during the same hours.
Hourly Rate: $14/hr
Department: Shipping and Receiving
Reports To: Warehouse Manager
Primary Role: Forklift drivers receive incoming trucks and also stages outgoing loads in a 24 hour warehouse setting. This includes verification of correct product and quantity, and inspection for any damage. Desirable candidate will be forklift trained as loading and unloading responsibilities are main role using this equipment. Forklift certification and training will be on-site (specific to Highland). Candidate must demonstrate proficiency in forklift operation in order to proceed to permanent status.
- Mechanical aptitude is a plus.
- Good communication skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English, understanding bills of lading, internal paperwork/forms and equipment manuals.
- Able to get forklift certified on-site. We provide the training.
- Other duties as assigned:
- Ability to work a 12 hour shift or overtime if asked.
- Must be able to work nights and/or weekends
- Climbing, lift and carry products weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Visually read various safety postings, bulletin boards, operating instructions, etc.
- Hear safety warning devices and alarms and ability to follow company policies.
- Conduct spot inventories.
- Assist in conducting month-end inventories.
- Must be prompt in reporting to work and prompt in notifying supervisor if unable to report to work.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED is preferred.
- Previous warehouse experience required, including inventory control knowledge.
- Basic computer skills and ability to understand and verify bills of lading.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is desirable to effectively communicate with drivers.